Lucrezia Borgia's Salon

An Atlanta woman's thoughts on random topics like relationships, politics, religion, food, wine, music, art, and pop culture.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Lights out? Experts fear fireflies are dwindling


This confirms the nagging suspicion I've had all these years that something has happened to the firefly population. I used to see thousands of fireflies lighting up the summer evenings during my childhood in suburban Atlanta. (We used to call them "lightning bugs," and yes, I did collect them in a jar, but always released them the following morning.) Now, I'm lucky just to see one or two every summer, and usually they aren't flying around and flashing, but are instead crawling lethargically along a wall or fence.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home