Lucrezia Borgia's Salon

An Atlanta woman's thoughts on random topics like relationships, politics, religion, food, wine, music, art, and pop culture.

Friday, October 14, 2005

The Crab Shack rocks!

OK, here comes an unapologetic, shameless commercial plug/endorsement for an establishment, product or service ...

On the weekend of Sept 30 - Oct 2 a good friend and I took a road trip to Savannah to celebrate their annual Oktoberfest. We stopped by the Crab Shack on Tybee Island for their Capt'n Crab Sampler, which is a gloriously messy and delicious platter of several different kinds of crab, plus crawfish, shrimp, sausage, potatoes, and corn, all simmered in a simple yet unbelievably tasty lowcountry boil. This sampler is so ohmyGodincredible that I insist on having it every time I go to Savannah, and I honestly believe it's worth a 4-hour road trip from Atlanta to Savannah just to enjoy that sampler for dinner with a glass of one of their pleasant whites, on their deck as the sun sets over the salt marsh and Jimmy Buffett tunes play in the background.

But that isn't the main reason why I wanted to write this, even though it's certainly compelling enough ... I really wanted to give them props in my blog because they're good folks. After finishing the sampler, I went to the ladies' room for a thorough washup of my hands and arms, and left my favorite watch on the sink. I hadn't realized I'd left it there until we were already back in Savannah and didn't have another chance to drive back to Tybee. So, when we returned to Atlanta, I emailed the Crab Shack on the off chance one of the patrons or waitstaff had discovered my watch and turned it in. Sure enough, the general manager herself replied to inform me that somebody did turn it in. I asked her how much the shipping would be so that I could write them a check or PayPal them for reimbursement, but they insisted on FedExing it to me free of charge on the condition that I tell everyone about the Crab Shack. This condition was most readily and happily accepted. :-)

So, if you're ever down that way, GO to the Crab Shack. Heck, make a special trip down there, just for that. You won't regret it!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home