Lucrezia Borgia's Salon

An Atlanta woman's thoughts on random topics like relationships, politics, religion, food, wine, music, art, and pop culture.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Un-effing-believable! The corporate bailout feeding frenzy intensifies



At first I was so mad I couldn't even think straight, but at this point I am beyond enraged, beyond sick, beyond disgusted.

I happen to be an AMEX cardholder, so upon hearing this unconscionable news about AMEX, part of me was tempted to stop paying my American Express bill (which for the past two months HAS BEEN MORE THAN MY MORTGAGE!) so as to keep from paying them twice: once through my bill and a second time through my taxes. (As one dismayed Michelle Malkin reader noted: "I've been paying them money for years. Now I have to pay them twice?") But alas, defaulting on my AMEX bill would affect my credit. And if I chose to go the tax evasion route instead, I'd have the IRS after me.
So, really, there's nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. These corporations WILL have your money whether you like it or not, and guess what, neither they nor the federal government believe that you have the right to know where it's going. It's taxpayer robbery at gunpoint.

And as if that weren't enough to make you sick, here's why pork projects thrive in the Democratic Congress's spending scam. Turns out the "paygo" principle that helped them take back the majority in 2006 has been quietly dropped from their central platform and has been wantonly trampled upon ever since by both spend-happy Democrats and Republicans alike (e.g., Ted Stevens). Nice, huh?!

The only thing we can do at this point is to take note, and REMEMBER the Senators and Congressional representatives who have gone hog wild and then vote every last one of those spend-happy a-holes out in 2010. And give your local Congressional representative no peace, no rest until he or she agrees to support the Fair Tax. We MUST do these things to ensure that our country and its citizens survive this economic crisis.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home